The Sennheiser 908BEW is a miniature condenser instrument microphone, specifically optimized for capturing brass instruments in recording and live performances. The cardioid capsule captures audio in vivid detail and clarity while exhibiting excellent rejection of off-axis noise and feedback. The 908B handles high sound pressure levels without peak distortion, enabling close proximity placement without noise.
The miniature capsule remains out of sight during performances and the flexible gooseneck allows for easy positioning. The mounting clamp features dampening materials to eliminate extraneous vibrations, impact and handling noise. The 908BEW features a locking miniature 1/8″ connector for use with EW series belt-pack transmitters.
- Wired or Wireless Operation
- The E908BEW features an 1/8″ locking mini connection for EW series belt-pack transmitters.
- Clamp Mount
- The 908D includes a clamp style mount for sturdy, noise-free placement on the rims of drums and percussion instruments.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern provides an even frequency response and excellent directivity.
- Gooseneck Mount
- The capsule rests on a flexible gooseneck for easy microphone positioning.
- Clamp Dampening
- The sturdy clamp features dampening materials for reducing vibration and handling noise.
|Frequency Response||40Hz to 20kHz|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||not specified by manufacturer|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||30dB (A)|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||147dB|
|Power Requirements||12 to 48V Phantom Power|
|Output Impedance||Nominal: 100 ohms
Min. Terminal: 2000 ohms
|Output Connectors||3-pin XLR supplied on MZA 900P|
|Low Frequency Roll-Off||Below 125Hz switchable on the MZA 900P power supply / preamp|
|Dimensions||7.59 x 1.85″ (193 x 47mm) (Length x Diameter)|
|Weight||311 g (10.97 oz)|